This is a recommended course by NEAHMA as an excellent pre-cursor to the CPO Course
Trainer: Deb Piltch, Piltch Associates
- Who Should attend this Workshop?
- New staff in a variety of positions at HUD assisted affordable housing programs
- Housing staff needing a refresher or update on the 4350.3 rev-1 Handbook
- Management staff wanting a one-day preparatory for the more in –depth Certified Professional of Occupancy (CPO) course
This workshop will explain regulations as governed by the 4350.3 Occupancy Handbook and provide a thorough overview of the HUD housing programs. The program will cover relevant topics and regulations for on site staff and establish a solid foundation for material covered more thoroughly during NAHMA’s “Certified Professional of Occupancy (CPO)” course.
Attendees should plan to bring a 4350.3 rev-1 Handbook with them if possible and a calculator is helpful, but not necessary.
- Overview of HUD Programs
- The Application and Eligibility Determination Process
- Maintaining the Wait List. Organizing, Updating, Opening/Closing the List
- Verification of Information: HUD’s requirements
- Overview of Rent and HAP Calculations
- Annual Re-certifications: Timetable, Procedures; Resulting Rent Change
- Interim Adjustments
$359 NEAHMA Members
$509 Non Members